Last Name: White
First Name: Laura
Subject's City: Portland
Subject's State: ME
Subject's County: Cumberland
Subject's Country: United States
Photographer's City: Portland
Photographer's State: ME
Comments: Laura White (Nee: ) | Portland ME United States | 1921-1940 | Comments: Laura White, circa 1935
This photo is from the Ethel Wight Studio, Portland, Maine.
The envelope this negative was in says, “Laura White, 218 Park Ave #735.”
What I found – Surname:
• The 1935 Portland City Directory lists Laura M White, the wife of Elmer M White, living at 96 Cumberland Ave.
• The 1933 Portland City Directory lists Mrs. Laura White as a waitress residing at 19 Parris.
• The 1932 Portland City Directory lists Mrs. Laura White, the wife of Frank White, residing at 101 Danforth, Apt 5. It also lists Laura, as the wife of Elmer, residing at 185 Cumberland.
• The 1931 Portland City Directory lists Laura E White, the wife of Frank A White, residing at 11 Casco.
• The 1930 Portland City Directory lists Laura, wife of Frank, living at 336 Brackett.
• The 1935 Portland City Directory indicates that 218 Park Ave was “The Albert Apartments.” There were 12 individuals listed. None named Laura nor non with the White surname.
• The 1936 Portland City Directory available at Ancestry is missing pages 1201, 1202, and 1203, which would show the residents at 218 Park Ave.
• The 1937 Portland City Directory lists no one with the name Laura nor the surname White living at 218 Park Ave.
I failed to connect the Laura White in this photo to the address cited. Thus, I can’t determine which of the several Laura Whites who lived in Portland, Maine, during the 1930s this is a photo of.
Digital Image Only? YES
Everyone Listed In This Photo: